Passport & Travel Documents

Your professional Travel Advisors needs to know!  Be sure to provide correct citizenship information to your Travel Advisor before you book.  Each country has Visa and Passport requirements based on various citizenship credentials. A reminder too, with today's blended families, you need to advise your Travel Advisor of your family (children) status. There are specific regulations in regards to  travelling with children when both parents are not travelling together.

Passport Canada issues passports to Canadian citizens for travel abroad. The current Canadian passport has the option to be renewed every five or ten years.  Certain destinations also require that your passport be valid for a designated length of time even after your travel ends.  It is always a good policy to provide your Travel Advisor with a copy of your passport to validate spelling and expiry dates.

In 2012, Passport Canada launched the epassport. This passport is renewable every 10 years for adults and every 5 years for children. It looks like a traditional passport book, but it has an electronic chip that is encoded with the same information found on page 2 of the passport (surname, given name, date of birth and sex). It also has a digital picture of the bearer's face.

The electronic chip:

  • increases security
  • reduces the risk of fraud
  • provides greater protection against tampering

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) is a U.S. law that requires all travellers, including U.S. and Canadian citizens, to present a valid passport or other approved secure document when entering the United States from within the western hemisphere.

Click one of the following links below for more information: